- United States Coast Guard Repairs
- Butte Creek and Ash Creek Bridges
- Library Park Seawall – Lakeport, CA
- 6th Street Bridge
- Coal Creek Bridge
- Weyerhaeuser - East Fork Millicoma River
- Sultan Creek Bridge
- North Crabtree Railroad Bridge
- South Fork Smith River Road
- Chevron Pier at Humboldt Bay
- China Camp Creek Project
- Fred Wahl Marine Shipyard
- The Port of Brookings Harbor
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Mud Mountain Dam
- Trinidad Pier Replacement
- Main Street Boat Dock Improvement
- Lower Granite Dam
Sheet Pile and Cofferdams
Specialized Road Construction
South Coos River Lane
After an unusually wet winter, a section of South Coos River Lane near Coos Bay, Oregon slid into the river in March, 2017. Coos County made emergency repairs that allowed one lane of traffic on the road until a permanent solution could be engineered and constructed. David Evans and Associates from Salem, Oregon was selected as the engineering firm on the project and went to work on the plans. West Coast Contractors (WCC) was selected as the general contractor by competitive bid in November, 2017 and began preliminary work immediately thereafter.
The work consisted of a sheet pile retaining wall approximately 300 lineal feet long with a double row of tiebacks up to 100 ft. long anchored into rock. The sheets were driven to a depth of 55 ft. to the subterranean sandstone that is present throughout the area. Once the wall was completed, the area was backfilled and paved, completing work in May, 2018.
WCC has been busy with many such repairs brought on by the wet El Niño conditions during the recent past, and was pleased to be working with Coos County and David Evans and Associates on this project.